2023 Critical Language Scholarship; ff you are an undergraduate or a graduate in the United States, this should interest you. The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program, a fully-funded summer overseas language and cultural immersion program is now available for all interested American undergraduate and graduate students to apply.
This program is offered by the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and is designed to increase the number of Americans proficient in critical languages such as Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Persian, Russian and Turkish.
The Critical Language Scholarship program includes intensive language instruction and structured cultural enrichment experiences designed to promote rapid language gains.
The CLS Program is intended to encourage quick language learning and crucial intercultural proficiency in areas that are key to the national security and economic well-being of the United States.
What are the Key Benefits of Critical Language Scholarship 2023
The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) program, offered by the U.S. Department of State, provides intensive language instruction and cultural immersion opportunities for American students to study critical need languages abroad. Some key benefits of the program include:
Immersion in a foreign culture
CLS participants live and study in the host country for several weeks or months, which allows them to immerse themselves in the local culture and gain a deeper understanding of the language and people.
CLS participants receive intensive language instruction from native speakers, which helps them to improve their language skills and achieve fluency more quickly.
Knowing a critical need language can open up career opportunities in fields such as government, international business, and national security.
Studying abroad and learning a new language can be a challenging and rewarding experience that can help participants develop intercultural competence, problem-solving skills, and confidence.
CLS participants have the opportunity to form connections with people from different cultures, which can be valuable for both personal and professional development.
Develop Key Expertise: 2023 Critical Language Scholarship
The CLS Program gives its students intense teaching in both language and culture in a setting created to enhance their language learning at every level.
Career Ready Skills
Alumni use their crucial language skills in a range of professional professions in the public and private sectors as well as in government, supporting America’s overall competitiveness.
The diversity and breadth of the United States are represented by CLS scholars. They contribute to the dissemination of American principles and the growth of international understanding through their personal engagement.
Summer Critical Language Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Requirements
- To apply, you must be a citizen or national of the United States.
- By May 15, 2023, you must be at least 18 years old.
- At the time of application, you must be enrolled in a U.S. degree-granting program at the undergraduate (associate, bachelor’s) or graduate (master’s, doctorate, professional degree) level.
- To continue to be eligible for the CLS Program, applicants must satisfactorily complete all academic requirements for the upcoming fall semester. Participants in the program are ineligible for applicants who drop out or fail to keep a minimum GPA.
- The language requirements for the program to which an applicant is applying must be met.
- Each applicant may submit one application per year for one language. People who submit repeated applications will be disqualified.
Other Benefits of Critical Language Scholarship 2023
The following will be given to CLS Program participants:
- Cultural programming and language training;
- Textbooks and materials for learning languages;
- The widely used ACTFL OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) assessment was used to certify language gains;
- Non-competitive employment eligibility with the US government for up to three years following program completion;
- Credit for learning granted by Bryn Mawr College
- Travel both domestically and internationally between the student’s hometown in the United States and the CLS Program location overseas;
- Room, board, and any sponsored travel within the host nation or area. Visa application expenses, if necessary. 2023 Critical Language Scholarship
Sponsors of Critical Language Scholarship
U.S. Department of State: 2023 Critical Language Scholarship
Through academic, cultural, sporting, and professional exchanges, as well as public-private partnerships, the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) strives to foster friendly, peaceful relations between the citizens of the United States and those of other nations.
Among the more than 30,000 participants in exchange programs that ECA oversees each year are recipients of the Critical Language Scholarships. Other programs the Bureau manages include the Fulbright Program and the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program.
American Councils for International Education : 2023 Critical Language Scholarship
Through the development and implementation of educational programs that are thoroughly rooted in important world languages, cultures, and regions, American Councils for International Education advances scholarly research and cross-border learning. Through international training, academic exchange, collaboration in educational development, and public diplomacy, we support the production of new knowledge, the expansion of professional perspectives, and personal and intellectual development.
American Councils works to increase dialogue between students, scholars, educators, and professionals for the advancement of learning and mutual respect in the diverse communities and societies we work in. We have presences in the U.S., Russia, and Eurasia for nearly four decades, in addition to representation in over thirty countries across Asia, the Middle East, and Southeastern Europe.
American Councils was established in 1974 as a group for specialists in local and foreign languages, and it has since concentrated on academic exchange, professional development, distance learning, curriculum and test development, and research. American Councils has grown over the course of its forty years to become one of the top American educational and international training institutions, providing intensive overseas language study and research programs for American undergraduates, graduate students, teachers, and scholars. 2023 Critical Language Scholarship
Apply Here Now for Critical Language Scholarship 2023