The Honor Society Core Value Scholarship aims to recognize and honor a member who exemplifies our society’s core values. A member can embody one or all of the fundamental values…as long as they can express how they believe they fit the core value of their choice, they are eligible for this scholarship.
The Honor Society Foundation Scholarship Fund manages and funds this scholarship program. Scholarships for the years 2022-2023 have been funded at over $150,000, with one recipient per month projected for the present year.
The Scholarship Program:
The Foundational Values Any new or returning student who is enrolled and in good academic standing is eligible for the scholarship.
A $1,000 scholarship is available.
After the third week of each relevant semester, scholarship payments will be disbursed in the form of a check or direct deposit, at the student’s decision.
You will be expected to post an essay as specified below during the application process (see the link at the top of this page).
Submit a one-page essay (double-spaced, typed) covering the following topics:
How well do you exemplify the basic principles espoused and preserved at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions right now? The following are seven of these key values:
Evidence-Based. By combining the finest available evidence with our experience and input from our University community, we create the greatest possible results.
Learning-Centered. We enable learners to reach their full potential by challenging their thinking, fostering growth, and exploring possibilities in a safe learning environment.
Authentic. We are aware of our flaws and accept the opportunity for improvement that comes with both success and failure.
We believe in our limitless ability to solve problems. We set an example of thankfulness. We are attempting to comprehend, sympathize, and forgive.
We serve each other, our patients and clients, our communities, and the world because we value people above everything else.
Trustworthy. To maintain our reputation as an organization and as individuals, we strive for honesty, respect, and accountability in everything we do.
Inclusive. We enhance institutional and community bonds by acknowledging our differences and commonalities.
Collaborative. To innovate, inspire change, implement strategy, assure accountability, and recognize achievement, we learn and create inside and across teams.
Criteria For $1000 Core Values Scholarship
The Core Value Scholarship will be given to the student who best exhibits personal alignment with the university core values through written examples and self-examination, as well as a strong academic record.
Deadlines and dates:
The deadline for applying for a scholarship will be on the 15th of each month in the months of March, July, and November.
Requirements for the scholarship:
- Students must be registered and enrolled in classes.
- Complete and submit all components of the scholarship application by the specified deadlines.
- After the add/drop due date on the academic calendar, students will receive their scholarship payments.
- Each semester of attendance in his or her chosen program, the recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA and be continuously enrolled as a full-time student.
The Honor Society Basic Value Scholarship is designed to recognize a member who exemplifies our society’s core ideals. A member can embody one or all of the fundamental values…as long as they can express how they believe they fit the core value of their choice, they are eligible for this scholarship.
The prize money
- Explain how you fit our key principles (particularly, which one), and what it means to you. Ex: “I believe that my work in soup kitchens has developed the ‘Humble’ core value…”
- Members must fill out their Honor Society profile and upload a photo of themselves.
Up to 500 words outlining how the Core Value you embody is relevant to your life and/or ambitions.
- A copy of your most recent transcript and your current GPA. (It is acceptable to apply with an unofficial transcript.) Before the award is disbursed, the winner will be required to produce an official transcript.)
How to Apply For $1000 Core Values Scholarship
Click here and submit the application
- Academic achievement (GPA, honors, and awards) and holistic applicant factors are used as criteria.
- To score applicants, a rubric will be used. If there is a tie, the winner will be chosen at random from those who are tied.
- The applicant must be a current member of the Honor Society.
Members must fill out their Honor Society profile and upload a photo of themselves.
- The applicant must be willing to provide a video and/or written testimonial about their program and the scholarship.
Recipients will be announced For $1000 Core Values Scholarship
- We’ve streamlined and improved our scholarship award process! Recipients can first expect to hear back within 3 weeks of the award’s deadline.
- Within 6 weeks, the recipients will be publicly announced on the website, in our monthly newsletter and through social media.
- Applications will be evaluated for up to three months after they are submitted,
- as scholarships are announced on a rotating basis. After three months or more, you are able to reapply with an amended application.
Award funding & frequency
- This scholarship program is operated and funded by the Honor Society Foundation Scholarship Fund. Scholarships for 2021 have been allocated in excess of $200,000,
- with one recipient per month expected during the present year. Please visit the Honor Society Foundation donation page to learn more about the scholarship fund or to make a donation.